A Tiny Apt. is a weekly newsletter about personal style, spaces, and, ultimately, navigating life and our homes through change and challenges—be they square footage or otherwise. It’s also a place to see small/unconventional, occasionally overlooked things differently—more expansively, with more wonder. And, in the process, discovering a perspective about home and personal style that’s truly your own.
About me (hi)—My name is Christene Barberich and I co-founded Refinery29 back in 2005 and spent nearly two decades re-imagining storytelling and personal style through a new and different kind of lens. I’m also a lifelong (ie: obsessive) thrifter/collector/de-clutterer/room re-arranger😬, so if you’re into that kind of thing, along with Old Céline, vintage pottery, cool quilts, and essays by Joan Didion, you’ve come to the right place☀️.
Every week, I’ll be writing to you from my own Tiny Apartment to talk about a mix of things, from reimagining closets, shelves, and cool corners, to an expert edit for shopping places like IKEA, to thrifting wonderful/weird gems, to deep-diving into things I can honestly lose my mind over—reading nooks, old houses, and oddball (excellent!) outfits, included.
• Receive 1-2 posts per month, think a personal essay or one of my monthly thrifting roundups
• Receive all weekly newsletters, including every thrifting roundup & CB recommendations/shopping guides🧳
• Full access to our A Tiny Apt. archives, which includes 100+ stories, including Tiny Kitchen Week, my Closet Overhaul, building my Dream Bathroom, sharing My Debt Story, custom Playlists for housecleaning, sunset cocktails, and more🌅
• Access to every newsletter flash/vintage sale & giveaway🏷️
• Monthly updates and dispatches tracking the build-out of our FutureCottage™—a 650-square-foot sustainable straw panel house in upstate New York🔑
• First access to giveaways for limited-edition ATA swag—it’s in the works🍿😎